There are 75 Storypoints found in a complete Storyform (found at the top of your narrative tabs in Subtxt) and over 32,000 possible unique Storyforms within the current model. 🤯
The Storyform is a holistic blueprint of your story's thematic intent. It contains the message, or argument, of your story and communicates it by virtue of the relationships between Storypoints and the evolution of Storybeats from beginning to end.
While the original incarnation of Dramatica theory into an application (Dramatica Story Pro/Dramatica Story Expert) leaned heavily into a Male Mental Sex understanding of story structure, Subtxt offers both Male Mental Sex and Female Mental Sex interpretations of a Storyform.
In short, a Male Mental Sex narrative (Storyform) looks to cause and effect to solve Problems through achieving Goals. A Female Mental Sex narrative looks to relationships to balance motivating inequities in service of Intentions.
At the bottom of every Storyform, you'll find a list of Static Plot Points. These eight Storypoints apply to the Objective Story Throughline of a story and consist of plot-related concepts like the Story Goal, Story Consequence, and Story Forewarnings.
A Holistic Storyform alters the appreciation of these Storypoints with an emphasis on relationships and self.
These eight Storypoints appear in the same order as found in the Male Mental Sex Storyforms (Story Intention is equivalent to the Story Goal, Story Overwhelm is equivalent to Story Consequences). When writing a Female Mental Sex story, a focus on relationship-oriented equivalents will do wonders for understanding of how to organize your narrative.
- Intention: (Story Goal) the mission or vision-board of the Storymind
- Habituation: (Story Requirements) the habits or systems of the Storymind
- Internalization: (Story Prerequisites) self-awareness and thought (over-thinking) of the Storymind
- Socialization: (Story Preconditions) developing relationships, social/emotional aspects of the Storymind
- Excitement: (Story Dividends) an indication of a higher vibration within the Storymind
- Boredom: (Story Costs) indifference, disruption, disappointment, or let down within the Storymind
- Ennui: (Story Forewarnings) discontent, directionless, and aimless aspects of the Storymind
- Overwhelm: (Story Consequences) dormancy, stagnation, lack of growth, and rumination over-powering the Storymind