Content Generation Policy
The service Subtxt uses for Artificial Intelligence text-generation (OpenAI) prohibits its use when generating certain types of content. These categories are:
- Hate: content that expresses, incites, or promotes hate based on identity.
- Harassment: content that intends to harass, threaten, or bully an individual.
- Violence: content that promotes or glorifies violence or celebrates the suffering or humiliation of others.
- Self-harm: content that promotes, encourages, or depicts acts of self-harm, such as suicide, cutting, and eating disorders.
- Sexual: content meant to arouse sexual excitement, such as the description of sexual activity, or that promotes sexual services (excluding sex education and wellness).
- Political: content attempting to influence the political process or to be used for campaigning purposes. Spam: unsolicited bulk content.
- Deception: content that is false or misleading, such as attempting to defraud individuals or spread disinformation.
- Malware: content that attempts to generate ransomware, keyloggers, viruses, or other software intended to impose some level of harm.
For the most part, this policy should not affect your ability to tell a complete and meaningful story. If you find yourself struggling with "Potentially Unsafe" error messages, consider the difference between subject matter and story structure, between storytelling and storyforming. (A reminder, perhaps, to re-read The Most Important Page Ever)
The level to which you push the boundaries of violent or sexual content is a matter of storytelling, not of storyforming (story structure). Subtxt is not the application to write your story, it's an application to develop your story. If you do run into an AI refusal of your storytelling, simply pull out the offending content momentarily (it should be super-obvious), run the request, and then drop it back in if needed.
While inconvenient at first, you'll soon come to learn that the resistance is a fantastic opportunity for you to develop as a writer and udnerstand the difference between these two important facets of communicating a story.
That said, if you find that the warnings are a bit too conservative, feel free to contact us with what you think should be OK for consumption and generation. The application errs on the side of being too conservative, and if needed, we can adjust various settings to account for different kinds of content.